Monday, January 25, 2010

Blood and flashbacks…

Last night I had an epiphany as to a potential opening for my second draft of Scorpion and Sandman. I started it and I am really happy. Basically, in order to skip the more tedious parts of the beginning, I'm going to begin later in the story and just have a bit of a flashback as to what their relationship has grown from. Thing is, I'm not quite sure how to do the flashback. I could either 1) do it as a separate part of the prose, but then I'm not sure how to distinguish it clearly with two point of views already being introduced on the first page, or I could 2) do it as flashbacks within each of their POVs in italics. I think the second is my best course of action right now, but we'll see how it goes, shall we not?


 

Also, I'm doing my seat-of-the-pants writing again for the second draft, all because I was able to throw some blood in right away. Seriously, I'm literally throwing blood. Or at least Red is. It's pretty awesome. Suddenly I have character chemistry again, which I just wasn't feeling in some other test scribbles for the second draft. I feel so happy about this right now! *squee*

No comments:

Post a Comment