Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The down side of the pre-NaNo season...

Yes, even something as amazing as NaNo comes with a dark side.

1) Everything is about NaNo. "How is that a bad thing?" you ask. All my thought processes seem to be about NaNo, so my blog entries and general conversation topics suddenly become far less interesting as they all gravitate to NaNo and beat the concept to death. I feel like I'm just harping on the same ideas as everyone else.

2) Right now, just before NaNo is supposed to kick off, I'm being bombarded with other ideas I want to pursue. A robot love story in comic strip form, original fairytales and other such goodies keep popping up and have to be relegated to the "future ideas" bin.

3) Despite my desire to create, I'm not writing. Because NaNo is coming up so fast and I want to be able to devote all my attention to it, I'm scared to start anything for fear my enthusiasm will be killed during NaNo, or that I'll get distracted from my NaNo.

Those things said...

Omigosh, just four days until kick off!

No comments:

Post a Comment