Sunday, October 3, 2010

Free shrimp dinners...

I'm telling you, they really need to figure out how to get those to us...

Yes, it's that time of year again. The National Novel Writing Month website has been revamped and I'm in for a wild month of frantic scribbling. Hopefully this year I'll actually do a bit more blogging during the month itself in order to give myself something concrete to look back on beyond the novel itself.

So yeah, I love pre-NaNo time. Actually, I hate it, because you're stuck waiting for NaNo itself to roll around. But at the same time, it's the perfect opportunity to waste time in NaNo planning, looking for writerly things you wouldn't normally indulge yourself in, making book covers, etc. Good times.

Been doing some blog trawling lately (yay for NaNo forum threads that direct me to bloggy things of other people) and found some good ones. Will eventually make a nice list of some of the ones I'm following regularly, but for now, just some websites I've been stalking:

http://www.nanowrimo.org -- Duh. Seriously, though, I love the forums. So much writerly goodness.

http://www.pandora.com -- Discovered it last NaNo. Basically, plug in a song, genre or artist and it will compile a bunch of songs it thinks you will like. Finetune it by clicking "thumbs up" or "down" and make that perfect playlist. Building a soundtrack channel for myself to go with the Bluejay Project, starting with Danny Elfman and Requiem for a Tower. 

http://www.tvtropes.org -- So. Much. Win. 

Been looking at a lot of Froud lately too. Watched The Nightmare Before Christmas for the first time in years and years. Sort of a dark, delicate quality that I find quite inspiring for this particular piece. And have listened to a million Yoko Kanno songs over and over and over again. Win.


No comments:

Post a Comment