Friday, November 5, 2010

Chugging on...

Day 5 - Name two songs from your playlist that you feel are connected with your novel in some way, and explain how they are.
This is one of the questions I was both looking forward to and dreading. Looking forward to because I could plug some great pieces of music. Dreading because I rarely have songs that actually relate to my novel in my playlist. They usually just are songs that I like to listen to while I write.

However, this year, there is one song that immediately demanded it be about my novel. Thing is, it isn't actually on my playlist. I just have it in the back of my mind that it describes my novel quite well.

How You Remind Me by Nickelback. I don't listen to a lot of Nickelback, but this song came on the radio one time at work and as I actually listened to the lyrics, it describes the projected relationship between Bluejay and Suli (now possibly named Virginia... I'm not sure yet who Virginia is... ah NaNo) so well.

Zelos ~ serious arrangement ~ from the Tales of Symphonia soundtrack is one of those songs that doesn't actually have much to do with my novel per se, but it captures a particular mood that I really like. Plus I love the game and knowing where this piece of music plays in that game brings up another swell of emotion that is perfect for bits of the story.

My characters got out of that mess they were in, in a fairly believable manner, I think. I mean, it by all rights should have ended in their deaths, but Bluejay's introduction was enough to save the day. It came earlier than I meant it to, but it seems to be working thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment