Monday, November 1, 2010

I'm a terrible NaNoer...

Reasons why:

1) First of all, I call us "NaNoers", whereas the official term by OLL seems to be "Wrimos". Terrible.

2) I didn't stay up until midnight as planned. I got until 10 pm and just crashed. Probably had to do with having woken up at 5 that morning.

3) I should be writing my 1667 words and instead I am blogging the below meme.

4) Meme time! Gotten from here: 


Day 1 - Have you participated in NaNoWriMo before?  If so, which years and what end result?  If not (or even if so, for that matter), what’s your connection to writing?  Why do you want to participate this year?

Yes, I've participated in NaNo before. 2008 was my first year and first win (writing Scorpion and Sandman, still one of my most favorite things I've ever written, even if it is a big steaming pile of unedited fail right now), 2009 was last year and my second win (writing Dirt Queen, which was cool, but not as cool as I would have liked). So now I'm going three-for-three!

Writing just is. I don't know how to describe why I do it.

Participation in NaNo is something I don't even question anymore, even though it's only been two years. It's less "Why would I do NaNo?" and more "Why wouldn't I do NaNo?".

Doing a lot of handwriting right now, so I don't have a legit wordcount yet, but my first four words are "Once upon a time". I'm not expecting any record-breaking wordcounts from myself for the first few days, due to Real Life having quite a few obligations it demands I look into, but as long as I crank out the 1667 words every day for the next few days, I'll be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment