Monday, November 29, 2010

Something like thirty-six hours left...

Blah... Somebody shoot me, please. My short story for Creative Writing is due in two hours and I'm just now sort of kind of getting to it, moving some previously-written stuff around and trying to frame it with a second narration. And it sucks. It sucks so badly. I wish I could change it, but I've already sort of committed to this story. I can only hope that either a) no one else remembers today is the due date (it would not be a first for this class) and we can postpone turning it in or b) I actually get the thing done in two hours and it isn't as bad as I think. But, for serious, I hate this friggin' story.

The only good news is that I finally got the characters to age up into sixteen year-olds.

My NaNo on the other hand, despite having given me grief the entire month, is back (sort of) on my good side. I sort of kind of have finally gotten around to the character's motivations, discovering meaning behind their actions and whatnot. Sort of. Still a lot of kinks that need to be worked out. In mere hours... *hyperventilates*

Just two more meme entries to go!

Day 29 - Name one thing in which you indulged as a treat to keep yourself motivated and writing that you wouldn’t otherwise have done.
You know, I indulged in lot of things this month that I don't normally do, but none of them were really writing-centric. I think the only thing I really did to get myself writing were 1) to promise myself that I would write my hedgehog story if I made my word counts every day (and that didn't really happen) and 2) I climbed a mountain about mid-month to novel at the top. It was more to just say I had done that than to bribe myself into writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment