Sunday, November 14, 2010

I'm back...

Fiction is an exploration of non-fiction concepts. Every time I learn something interesting in a class, my first thought is how I can apply it to a story.

At least I'm thinking of something I can apply school to. Sometimes.

Sometimes I wonder what my fiction, or even my non-fiction like my blog posts, is contributing to the world. But at least I always know what the things I learn can be contributed to. (Though if I'm confused about what contribution I am making, then what does contributing to my confused contributions do for anyone?)
---
Thinking too hard about stuff again instead of writing. Had a crazy long work-weekend, so got maybe a total of a thousand or so words in. Currently at 18,042 when I should be at least at 23,338. That's about 5200 words I need to make up. Blah.

Day 12 - Imagine you’re behind in your word count goals (even if you’re not) and are going to pull an all-nighter to catch up.  Screencap a playlist of inspirational music you would use to get you up to speed.
Lulz. I'm actually behind, but the thought of an all-nighter would just about kill me right now, having had maybe a total of twelve hours of sleep in the last four days.  That said, pics!


Day 13 - Name a male character from your novel.  Describe him through the point of view and words of the female character you introduced in question 3 (if they never interact, pick another female character).
"'Scrubs' isn't even a proper name. He doesn't even deserve it anymore anyway. People who loved him gave him that name. But he doesn't deserve it.

He's bigger than Chevy. Thicker, younger. Brasher. Doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut. He's going to get himself in trouble."
Day 14 - Is the sexuality of your characters a large part of your novel’s story?  If so, are there characters who deviate from the heterosexual “norm”?  In what way?
Not really, beyond the main couple being married and the secondary couple being attracted to one another. More just "boy loves girl" than any statement on sexuality.

No comments:

Post a Comment