Thursday, November 11, 2010

No man is an island; I am no man...

This meme is brought to you by the number eleven and by the letters P-R-O-C-R-A-S-T-I-N-A-T-I-O-N:

Day 11 - Ever tried collaborative writing (such as play-by-post roleplaying)?  If so, what do you think of it?
Tried it once. We kept it up for several thousand words, but it eventually just sort of flagged, probably due to my inexperience in the whole thing and our lack of communication.

I can't say I'd do it again. As much as my characters tend to run away with the story, their motivations are always in hand, or at least in my head, even if I don't know what they're going to do with them. To let someone else be handling motivations of characters makes it too much like real life, where you don't know what other people are thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment