Wednesday, January 19, 2011

One down...

Remember that one writing goal I made to write a song based on TheyFightCrime.org? Well, I accomplished it!

Yes, my brother and I wrote a song about suave Russian zombies astronauts and chain-smoking widows living with robots in haunted houses who fight Big Bads named Agamemnon McCulley. It's pretty much awesome. We're even trying to hash out some basic piano/guitar accompaniment, which is made difficult by the fact that, while my brother plays some guitar, neither of us play any piano beyond one-handed Christmas carols.

Anyway, in doing that, I've also begun another of my goals, which was to do a radio drama. We've decided our song is the theme jingle for a radio drama currently temp-titled "They Fight Crime". It is incredibly silly, runs on Rule of Cool and is just plain fun. Plus, it's quality time spent among siblings, if you are able to conveniently ignore the knock-down-drag-out fights that happen when someone talks during someone else's take.

This might never be seen outside of a select circle of family members and friends, but we're having fun with it.

1 comment: