Saturday, January 1, 2011

So...

Hello to you, 2011. Come in, make yourself at home.

It's funny, even though I was blogging and doing some scribbling, I felt like I was waiting for something to end or something to begin before I really dug into writing. Probably a holdover from NaNo still, what with being married to deadlines for the month. It might also have to do with the crazy work schedule I've been dealing with. Whatever it was, I was sort of subconsciously waiting for a corner to approach so I could turn it.

And now it's the new year. I don't feel any different. But at the same time, I do. It's like... I have a whole new year!

So, with the turning of that particular corner, I'm jumping into writing. I've still got two days of heavy work to go, so it might take a day or two before it happens, but it will happen. I've got a free week before school starts again and I don't intend to let it go to waste. Sure, it will be filled with oversleeping and copious amounts of video games, but I will be writing. I will get writing done.

It helps that I think I've figured out how to actually begin my hedgehog story. It involves jumping right into a relationship, rather than trying to establish it from the beginning. I think it might work.

No comments:

Post a Comment