Monday, January 3, 2011

Somehow, it all works out...

Strange how I can spend so much time trying to think of character motivation and development and arcs and whatnot and not actually write a word, then just sort of come up with a change and let the characters run with it and end up with stuff that is a million times better.

So, there was this magician character I had planned for my hedgehog story. He was originally a guy. But what if I was to make him a girl? Suddenly, there is a great deal more opportunity for growth than there was before, just by changing the dynamics that will automatically arise from her interactions with the rest of the characters.

Yeah, yet another glowing example of how much of a pantser I am, that I literally do much better when completely winging it than when I try to outline/plan/develop the story beforehand.

Tomorrow, I vow to begin writing.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, sometimes planning things out to a tee is overrated. totally. :) I prefer to go with the flow most of the time, and see what happens!

    ReplyDelete