Friday, December 17, 2010

Alone, bad. Friend, good...


December 16 – Friendship How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual, or a sudden burst?

Sudden burst. Over a chicken, swiss and bacon sandwich at Arby's.

This even relates to writing too! Awesome.

We grew very comfortable with each other in creative writing class. Like, sometimes too comfortable. I learned a lot of things about people that I didn't want to know. But I still liked them. But while we were comfortable with each other, I never really hung out with any of them.

Until one day, when me, a classmate and a friend that we both knew outside of class all went to Arby's for lunch and just generally had a nerd-fest. It felt like we had always been close friends, had always been hang-out buddies. It was nice to know that there were people out there in real life in my community (you know, not just on the internet) who liked the same things I did.

 Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment