Saturday, December 25, 2010

First off, Merry Christmas! I hope you had a lovely day!

Second off, again, another prompt that has little to nothing to do with writing.
December 25 – Photo – a present to yourself
Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where, and what it best reveals about you.

You know, I actually have very few pictures of myself from this year. I just didn't get in front of a camera all that often. And those that I do have of me are mostly the silly ones that happen when you put me in front of a camera. Silly faces, bad hair, nonsensical pointing at the closest shiny/nerdy object...

And then there is this:
There's a reason I have this as my profile picture. Actually, several...

1) Batman! And Keaton!Batman, who I find to be my favorite actor for Bats.

2) Nerd, nerd and nerd! This is me, being a nerd. I am a nerd, I'm proud to be a nerd. I seriously saw this stand-up at my library and within a few days, I was back, camera in hand, to get my picture taken.

3) Library! I'm a writer, I'm a reader, they give me free books and occasionally chances to get my picture taken with a cardboard cut-out of one of my heroes. I spend many, many hours a year in the library.

4) Orange! Notice my lack of fashion sense. It's something I've carefully cultivated over the years. Actually, I'm slowly losing my touch for such unabashed tastelessness, but here is proof that I did once have it.

5) Pale! Geez, am I pale. That's not because of lighting - I really am that color.

6) Attitude! Actually, that attitude is totally affected. I started giggling immediately after this picture was snapped. But I would like to think that the fact that I had the courage to be standing right near the computer area, completely visible to the entire library, and pose next to Batman shows that I can go to great lengths for things I care about. And not all of them are comic book icons translated into film translated into thick printed paper.

My brother took this picture, being a rather good sport about me dragging him through a public library so I could pose next to a piece of cardboard. He was even kind enough to - on his own suggestion - take several to make sure at least one would turn out. Turns out it was good he did, because I was blinking in two of the others.

There's ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment