Thursday, December 2, 2010

Inasmuch...

December 2 Writing.
What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?
A typical day (inasmuch as I can have a typical day):
- Wake up as late as possible.
- Shower.
- Eat breakfast.
- Go to class.
- Browse the internet. E-mail. RSS Feeds. TV Tropes.
- Do homework.
- Writing.
- Browse the internet. Blog. YouTube. TV Tropes.
- Eat lunch.
- Go to class.
- Laundry. Chores. Stuff.
- Writing.
- Browse the internet. TV Tropes. YouTube. Webcomics.
- Eat dinner.
- Get ready for bed.
- Read.
- Write.
- Browse the internet. TV Tropes. Fanfiction. Original fiction.
- Sleep as long as possible.

There is a lot of internet browsing that I could definitely cut out. It's what I do probably the most of per time unit. I mean, at least an hour a day. I blame the accessibility of my laptop, the ubiquitousness of wi-fi and my slight obsession with the brilliance (and lack of) of others. I could definitely be fitting more writing in there in places.

But at the same time, I don't want to give up my internet browsing. It's not always the most intelligent fare, but it inspires me. It shows me what's out there. It gives me ideas. It feeds my writer.

I could just probably stand to do a little less of the Literal Videos and more of the pencil-to-papering.

Speaking of which, and since I love the word 'inasmuch', I'm naming my future-writing play idea "Inasmuch". Doesn't have a meaning yet, I don't have much of an idea beyond that I want to write a play-within-a-play, and I don't know when I'll get around to actually writing it (Screnzy? Seeing as how I'm diving headfirst into my hedgehog idea right now), but that is what it will be called. Updates whenever anything happens with that.

Yay for writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment