Sunday, December 5, 2010

The shelf...


December 5 – Let Go. What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why? 

(These prompts could be so depressing if I were writing about things other than writing.)

There is a reason why my writing this year was so disjointed. I did have a long-standing project for a while, begun in February, if my notes are correct, but I eventually shelved that. It had been based on the "Mundane Angel" poem series I scribbled last year and a particularly vivid dream. It became an idea for a novel that actually had some research put into it, but it was finally shelved because I lost sight of what it was supposed  to be about. And despite the niggling voice in the back of my head telling me I should have worked with it some more until it worked, I don't really regret shelving it. I can always pick it back up and I have other things that I can move on to.

No comments:

Post a Comment