Thursday, December 30, 2010

I blame the holidays and work...

Quite a bit to catch up on before 2010 ends, no? Here's a start.
December 26 – Soul Food What did you eat this year that you will never forget? What went into your mouth & touched your soul?
Okay, I'm going to do some tweaking with this prompt to make it about writing (though I did eat some fantastic kebabs this year at a little mom'n'pop place about half an hour away. I went with friends, we had a great time and the food was heavenly).

Revised prompt: Soul Food What did you take in this year that you will never forget? What went into your brain and touched your soul?

I didn't do a whole lot of memorable novel reading this year. I could list books from the past few years that I've read and that have stuck with me or influenced my writing, but they were all in years past, not really 2010. I didn't have a lot of time in 2010, or at the least, didn't read books that really made an impact.

Outside of books, however, I read a lot. I was on the internet a lot for school and such (*cough procrastination cough*) and I read a lot of articles. A lot of blog posts, a lot of articles, a lot of TV Tropes. It's hard to pick a defining one.

Outside of reading, I got involved much deeply with YouTube. There is so much more on there besides silly cat videos and shots of people getting themselves hurt in improbable ways. Amongst my greatest finds were the VlogBrothers (especially their "Thoughts from Places" series and just general wackiness), Wheezy Waiter, and bandgeek8408. All with their own brands of wacky, but occasionally the beautiful insight that makes you ache with its truth. Beautiful, beautiful things.

No comments:

Post a Comment