Friday, December 31, 2010

A to-do list...

December 28 – Achieve What’s the thing you most want to achieve next year? How do you imagine you’ll feel when you get it? Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful? Write that feeling down. Then, brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today.
As for what I want to achieve, I have several other posts just in the Reverb series this year. As for accomplishing them... I'm not sure. There is always the sense of satisfaction that comes with achieving a goal (I'm looking at you, NaNoWriMo), but sometimes the goal doesn't turn out the way you want it to. I'm really, really shooting for happy. Not completely satisfied, because I want to always be improving, but at least proud of my accomplishment and a hunger to do more.

Another thing I want to try this year is to get published. Probably just a short story in a journal somewhere, but I want to test the publishing waters this year. I've never really done so and I want to get some experience in getting rejected and (hopefully) accepted.

Ha, I have to go to work for pretty much the rest of the day today, so the ten things I can do will probably be very simple, but we'll give it a shot:

1) Finish my catching up for Reverb (seeing as how, you know, it's the 31st today and all that).
2) Scribble out some brainstorming for my hedgehog story if I have any free time.
3) Maybe a haiku?
4) Finish everything on my checklist at work at a decent time.
5) Remember my food for work.
6) Eat my food at work (you'd be surprised how frequently I forget this).
7) Maybe think of some resolutions and goals for 2011 and actually consolidate them into one list?
8) Get to sleep at a decent hour.
9) Decide on a theme for the first post of 2011.
10) Gather inspiration for my kennel blog and have an outline of an entry?

Whew, I have a lot to do today at work...

No comments:

Post a Comment