Sunday, December 12, 2010

ME...

December 12 – Body Integration This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn’t mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present?

I'm going to admit that this particular prompt sound incredibly New-Agey. Not that there's anything wrong with New-Age-ness, but it's not particularly my cup of tea. But I'll run with it.

I've never really noticed a gap between my mind and body, anything that wasn't ME. I am ME and that's who I am. That said, there are times that I feel more ME than usual. That's most often when I have a slightly-dull pencil and an old stack of lecture notes that were printed off the school computer, leaving me with mostly-clean backs of scrap paper. It's in the stolen moments, the times when I have an idea, a feeling, a scene, that has to be written at that moment, no matter what's going on around me. There's just this single-minded drive to get something done and even when it turns out to be crap, I'm still happy with it. It's ME.

That, or when I've had a really great day and am singing way too loudly to music while I make myself some good food. There's embarrassing dancing and air-guitar riffs. And it's awesome.  It's ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment