Friday, December 31, 2010

Mundane angels...

December 27 – Ordinary Joy Our most profound joy is often experienced during ordinary moments. What was one of your most joyful ordinary moments this year? 
This prompt just reminded me of all the thought I've had this year about writing about the details. The simple little joys. The way my oversized flannel shirt fits me horrendously, but brings out my eyes and skin wonderfully. The fact that my pajama pants have polka dots on them. The way my little sister writes down notes for everyone whenever they leave a piece of paper or word document unattended when she's around.

It's hard to pick out just one. It always is. Mythology class got me thinking about them a lot, but I don't know if I'd classify any specific moment in that class as being joyful. More like contemplative. And how ordinary does it have to be? I could think of my brother and sister throwing me the simplest of surprise birthday parties, but does that count as ordinary because it was so simple and obviously homegrown by two adolescents, or extraordinary because it was my birthday and they were trying to make it special?

I guess I could always pick out soup. Broccoli and cheddar soup, to be specific.

No comments:

Post a Comment